Determine the amount of force needed to do work using different simple machines SPI 0707.11.2
Links verified on 6/24/2014
- Inclined Plane - This Java applet demonstrates a motion on an inclined plane with constant velocity and the corresponding forces.
- Inclined Plane and Friction - interactive applet that could be used to collect force information or
- Move Our Principal - learn about the six simple machines then use their knowledge to assist their principal.
- Pulley - Investigate mechanical advantage of a pulley with this interactive java applet [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Pulley System - (raise or lower the load with the mouse) If you click on the mouse button, a spring balance will appear showing the tension in the string.
- Simple Machines Made Simple - interactive lesson about the six simple machines and how the machines make work easier
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print