Summarize the difference between the speed and velocity based on the distance and amount of time traveled 0707.11.3
Links verified on 6/23/2014
- The Galileo Games - In this PBS feature, you'll get a sampling of Galileo's thought experiments and conduct virtual versions of his experiments, including those using an inclined plane and a pendulum.
- An index of Newton's Laws animations from the Physics Classroom
- An index of Newton's laws tutorials - from the Physics Classroom (a total of 16 separate lessons)
- Java applet which students would use to collect data to sketch velocity as a function of time.
- Java applet displaying three position vs time graphs and three velocity vs time graphs. Your students must determine which of the graphs are correct.
- Newton's Second Law Experiment - During movement a red point in the t-s-diagram (time - displacement) indicates the present time and the covered distance. This Java applet allows students to collect data for graphing.
- Passing Lane - an animation and graph of position vs time
- Passing Lane - an animation and graph of velocity vs time
- Reaction time applet - use to gather data for graphing
- Ticker Tape Diagrams - A common way of analyzing the motion of objects in physics labs is to perform a ticker tape analysis. The practice problems included will help your students evaluate the time variable.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print