Identify how sounds with different pitch and volume are produced SPI 0307.11.4
Links verified 12/27/2014
- Changing Sounds - an interactive site from the BBC that allows students to investigate factors affecting sound. A quiz is also available.
- A cup of sound - In this activity, you will investigate variables which affect the pitch of the sound produced by a simple noise maker made from a variety of materials.
- Science of Music - from the Exploratorium
- Sound and Noise: Household Science for Kids - 2 different projects to help demonstrate some of the physics of sound
- Sounds and Hearing - experiment with sounds with this BBC quiz
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print