Understand the main idea in a visual message (e.g., pictures, cartoons, posters). 0201.7.1
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Get The Idea - read text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts
- Main Idea Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Tell Your Own Neighborhood Story - Click on three pictures and then make your own story.
What would happen first, next, and last?
- Wartime Poetry: Working With Similes - analyze a photograph and brainstorm words to describe the characters' senses and feelings
- What's My Job? - Select the right job to go along with the sentence.