5th Grade - Form Analogies
Construct and complete analogies using synonyms, antonyms, homonyms, categories, and subcategories. 0501.5.4
Links verified on 9/8/2014
- Analogy Challenge - complete the analogies in a race against time
- Analogy Lesson from Diana Dell
- Analogy PowerPoint Show template - you make modifications to use with your students [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Analogy Quiz which requires students to type the word to complete the analogy
- Analogy quiz 1 at Quia posted by Diana Dell
- Animal Analogies - [worksheet] Complete each analogy by writing the correct word on the blank line.
- Antonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of Antonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below
- Awesome Analogies - Jeopardy style game for one or two players
- Ball Hog - select grade 5 and then be ready to jump on words that are synonyms of the given word
- English Grammar and Usage - links to worksheets to print; many of the worksheets are about analogies and other concepts that this standard is related to
- Fact Monster Analogy of the Day
- Field Trip - unscrambling synonyms
- Finding New Ways to Say Something - In this lesson you will: practice your alphabetizing skills, learn about synonyms and pick the right one to finish a sentence and, match words to their entries in a thesaurus
- Free Analogies Worksheets - Scroll down past the links to commercial sites. Below the line that says Unit 1: Sentence Analogies you will find links to 65 analogy worksheets plus answer keys in .pdf format. At the bottom of the page you will find their suggestion for using a bridge sentence in solving analogies.
- Homonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of Homonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below
- Homonym worksheet - from RHL School
- Homophones Game - [Skillwise game] Can you match the words that sound the same, but are spelt differently and have different meanings?
- Other Analogy Activities at Readquarium
- Puzz.com analogies - many quizzes plus links to places where other quizzes have been moved; pick one or two a day and practice this valuable skill
- Rocket to the Moon - Build and launch a rocket to the moon by identifying synonyms, antonyms, and homonyms.
- Synonym Challenge - identify the correct synonyms in a race against time
- Synonym Matching - find pairs or words with same meaning
- Synonym Matching Games, Level 2 - four games to choose from
- Synonyms and Antonyms - several categories of Quia games
- Synonyms Exercises - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of synonyms. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below.
- Word Jungle - Turn the dial to 5th grade and then choose the correct meaning of a given word so you can swing in the jungle.
- Words That Sound the Same - [Skillwise worksheet] Exercise in using homophones to write sentences
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.