Locate information to support opinions, predictions, and conclusions. SPI 0401.5.1
Links verified on 10/27/2011
- Drawing Conclusions - [designed for glide 3] Read the story and choose the correct word to complete the sentence.
- Drawing Conclusions - [designed for glide 3] Read the story and answer the question.
- Get The Idea - read text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts
- Guess What Comes Next - students read a passage and predict what would happen next
- Follow the Clues - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Prediction Cards - Prediction Cards combine the fun of guessing with the joy of making art. Students use details from the beginning of a story to encourage classmates to predict what will happen and to inspire them to read the story themselves.
- Prediction Game - predict what picture lies behind the squares
- Prediction Page - helpful tool to fill in information while reading.
- Story Board - a graphic organizer to help your students make predictions about a story (K-2 and 3-5 activities included)
- Use Predictions to Help Kids Think Deeply about Books - Predicting involves more than trying to figure out what happens next. As kids find evidence to form hunches, they also ask questions, recall facts, reread, skim, infer, draw conclusions, and, ultimately, comprehend the text more fully. (3-5) The Prediction Book Report
- What are They Selling - students critically evaluate six advertisements
- Writing a Branching Story Using Excel - a step by step module on writing with Excel - this type of story can be used for predicting events
- Billy Bear - [sample of a branching story] a simple story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- The Town Witch - [sample of a branching story] a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print