Derive meaning while reading by relate knowledge from personal experience, other text, and world events to make meaning from text. 0201.8.7
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Comprehension Strategies - Children make personal connections with the text by using their schema (background knowledge). [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and Me: Identifying with a Hero - helping them build connections between their own lives and the lives of the people they are studying.
- My Personal Connections - worksheet for students to complete. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Strategy: Schema/Making Connections - Lesson plan
- Text Connections - Use this Venn Diagram to help students make connections.