Read simple text containing familiar letter-sound correspondence and high frequency words. 0201.8.8
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Easy Reader Books - "Use these entertaining stories to practice sight words in engaging contexts. There are two versions of these stories available. The first is unedited and can be used to gain familiarity with the text. The "altered version" gives students the ability to fill in the blank with the correct sight words. Additionally, there are Flash Card and Bingo-type games that allow children to practice with the words in isolation or in groups."
- High Frequency Words - six activities using sight words - drag correct word to complete the sentences
- Practice Reading short sentences - using Fry words - online activity- no sound.
- Star Words - This activity provides practice at sight recognition and spelling of the 200 or so high frequency words
- Word Wall Dolch Flash Cards - Print these cards to practice high frequency words. Word shape recognition is included.