Derive meaning while reading by participating in discussions. 0201.8.6
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Building a Matrix for Leo Lionni Books: An Author Study - listen to four books by author Leo Lionni over the course of four days. Each reading is followed by discussion focusing on literary elements and comparing characters and plots. After discussion, students participate in creating and organizing information on a large matrix
- Fairy Tales from Life - students collaborate on their own original fairy tales - each student decides what kind of experience to write about, composes and revises a fairy tale, and finally presents their story to the rest of the class.
- Instructional Strategies Online: Book Talks - suggestions to help teachers discuss books with their class
- Literary Circles - Article for teacher to help encourage participation in discussions.
- Passage Picker Worksheet- use this worksheet to start classroom discussions.
- Using Web 2.0 Tools in the classroom - Research shows that web 2.0 tools encourages classroom participation. Read this blog discussing this .