Derive meaning while reading by asking questions to clarify meaning. 0201.8.6
Links verified on 12/30/2014
- Cause and Effect Book list - These books are great for studying cause and effect.
- Making questions - write sentence in question format
- Lesson: Developing Different Types of Questions - teach students how to generate different types of questions
- Questions-Answer Relationship - Scaffolding Students' Interaction with Texts
- Questions to Clarify - 4th grade level but can be easily adapted to your class; online lesson and practice.
- Questioning the text - this can be adapted by using a grade level book instead of the example book in the lesson.
- Questioning Strategies - Strategies to help students clarify and deepen understanding of the text. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]