Meeting Energy Requirements
Identify structures used by different plants and animals to meet their basic energy requirements 0307.3.3
Links verified 12/26/2014
- Build Your Own Caterpillar - Build a caterpillar with the tools for surviving in its environment. Look at the environment and then choose the parts that will help your caterpillar have the best chance for survival.
- Corn and Photosynthesis - efficient photosynthetic system and a long period of seasonal growth allow corn to produce high yields (reading level is a bit high, but this is short and succinct)
- Photosynthesis - the process by which plants use energy from sunlight to produce sugar (high reading level, but a large number of really good illustrations)
- Photosynthesis animation
- Photosynthesis - how life keeps going...and going...and going...
- Photosynthesis: Don't "Leaf" Out Fall's Most Valuable Lesson! - (a lesson planning article from Education World) They have raked up a pile of activities for you to "leaf" through.
- Virtual Photosynthesis Experiments - (if you have projection, use this as a whole class activity) on-line virtual experiments with Dr. Gene Splicer which show some of the ways scientists study photosynthesis
- Why Do Leaves Change Color in the Fall? - To answer that question, you first have to understand what leaves are and what they do.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.