Illustrate Food Relationships
Label a diagram to illustrate the food relationships that exist between plant and animals 0307.3.1
Links verified 12/26/2014
- Create a Food Web - choose from four webs, select animals or plants to populate the food web
- Energy and Ecosystems - lesson plan from Annenberg
- Energy Pyramid - an alternate way to look at food chains
- Experiment with a Pond Food Web - change various population sizes to see what affect the change has
- Food Chain - National Geographic for Kids has a featured Quick Flick from Brain Pop on the subject.
- Food Chains - an eight slide PowerPoint show
- Food Chains - an interactive site from the BBC
- Food Chains and Webs - Information regarding population size on food webs is presented here. After learning about food webs, select the link named "create a possible food web" at the bottom of the page. Click and drag to create your own food web.
- Forest Food Webs - lesson plan from Discovery Education
- Fun with Food Webs - three webs are available; arctic, meadow, and pond - click and drag elements into place
- Graphic Organizers - (to make a diagram)
- Concept Maps Explained - Concept maps and story webs are visual ways to structure ideas. (sample included
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Teaching Tips: Graphic Organizers - A list of links from eMINTS and The Curators of the University of Missouri
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps - Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Using Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Habitats - investigate food chains with this interactive site from the BBC
- Interdependence and Adaptation - Use this BBC interactive site to review living things, then take a quiz about interdependence and the food web
- Make a Possible Food Web - click and drag elements - scroll down near the end of the page and select Create a Food Web [works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Netscape Navigator]
- Make Your Own Food Web - an interactive food web from Scholastic
- Predator/Prey Relationship - an interactive investigation from McGraw Hill
- Welcome to Biology 2002 - This college level PowerPoint show has some great images. Save the show, throw out the college content and modify the show for your classroom. [this expired slide show is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Working on the Food Chain - interactive site
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.