Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Use a data chart or informational text to classify organisms as thriving, threatened, endangered, or extinct 0307.5.7
Links verified 10/8/2021
- Bat Hibernation and Migration - information from the U S Fish and Wildlife Service's Endangered Species Program [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Causes of Extinction - the Why Files has information about wolves and other animals in danger of extinction
- Critically Endangered Species
- Data Chart
- Interpreting Column Graphs - students practice by answering ten questions about the graph
- Interpreting Data - survey a small group by clicking on each of the children, turn the tally marks into two types of graphs and then go back and take a different survey
- Interpreting Data - multiple-choice quiz from Gencoe math [5 questions]
- Overview of a Bar Graph by Nicole Carroll
- Overview of a Line Graph by Nicole Carroll
- Piece Of Pie - display data using a circle graph
- Play Ball - collect data to put on a picture graph
- Endangered Ecosystems - Investigate some of the animals in a Mexican ecosystem. Figure out who are the predators and who are the prey and build your own food web.
- Graphic Organizers - (to classify organisms)
- Concept Maps Explained - Concept maps and story webs are visual ways to structure ideas. (sample included)
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Teaching Tips: Graphic Organizers - A list of links from eMINTS and The Curators of the University of Missouri
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps - Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Using Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn
- Venn Diagram, - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
452150926 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad