Construct a flow chart that demonstrates how plants, animals, and the environment interact to provide basic life requirements 0207.2.3
Links verified 12/31/2014
- The Antarctic Food Chain - print pictures and use those to create a food chain. Links available for needed pictures.
- Experiment with a Pond Food Web - change various population sizes to see what affect the change has
- Food Chains - an interactive site from the BBC
- Food Chain - National Geographic for Kids has a featured Quick Flick from Brain Pop on the subject.
- Food Chains and Webs - Basic information regarding food webs is presented here. After learning about food webs, select the link named "create a possible food web" at the bottom of the page. Click and drag to create your own food web. or
- Graphic Organizers (for Flow Charts and others)
- Concept Maps Explained - Concept maps and story webs are visual ways to structure ideas. (sample included
- Education World Templates - seventeen graphic organizers to download and print or edit
- Essay Map - The Essay Map is an interactive graphic organizer that enables students to organize and outline their ideas for an informational, definitional, or descriptive essay. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Five main types of organizers - links showing examples of many types
- Graphic Organizer Links - links to a large number of graphic organizers provided by Vermilion Parish School Board in Abbeville, LA - Second page of links from the same school system
- Graphic Organizer Templates - Use these Graphic Organizer templates with your class using a given story.
- Graphic Organizers - from Enchanted Learning
- Graphic Organizers from Education Place - 38 graphic organizers to print, all in pdf format
- Holt Interactive Graphic Organizers - Three dozen different templates are available at this site. Click on a graphic organizer to download a PDF of it. Once you've downloaded an organizer, type your comments and print it.
- Index of Graphic Organizers - from Inspiration
- Instructions on how to use Excel to create a graphic organizer
- Interactive Graphic Organizers Sampler - This series of thinking tools covers a range of activities. These tools let you actively construct, examine, and modify your ideas. Currently seven of the planned seventeen thinking tools are available; look for the titles in green on the left.
- Teaching Tips: Graphic Organizers - A list of links from eMINTS and The Curators of the University of Missouri
- Text 2 Mind Map - a web application that converts texts to mind maps - Enter a structured list of words or sentences and Text2Mind Map will interpret it and make a mind map out of them that you can print.
- Using Graphic Organizers - Youthlearn
- Venn Diagram, 2 Circles - This interactive tool allows students to create Venn Diagrams that contain two overlapping circles, enabling them to organize their information logically. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- Habitats - investigate food chains with this interactive site from the BBC
- Working on the Food Chain - an animated overview
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print