Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Investigate an organism's characteristics and evaluate how these features enable it to survive in a particular environment SPI 0307.5.1
Links verified 12/26/2014
- Animal Adaptations Game - select answers and then press the big red button
- Animal Adaptation E-Safaris - meet some interesting animals to explore how they are adapted to their environments
- Build a Fish - Build a Fish by choosing a body, mouth, and color/pattern, and then release it into the reef! In the process you will learn about adaptations that help the fish survive in their environment.
- Dinosaur Habitat and Community - a BBC presentation about these very adaptable animals
- Flamingos - Adaptations for Their Environment
- How Cactus survive in the desert
- Physical Adaptation - We can see some of the results of physical adaptation by comparing the skeletons of different animals.
- Squish the Fish - Help Squish travel out across the reef to find his lunch. He needs to find friends who will help him hide from his nemesis, Big Tooth Blob. Learn about shape, color, and behavioral adaptations for survival.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
301835790 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad