Read High Frequency Words
Read high frequency words (e.g., the, and, can, color words, number words). 0001.1.6
Links verified 10/20/2010
- Color Words - Handwriting sheets to reinforce recognition
- Color Words - Drag the words into the correct color box.
- Free Dolch Words Flash Cards - includes suggestions on how to improve visual memory of dolch sight words
- Literacy Center - A great site for pre-K to first grade. Activities with colors, numbers, letters, shapes and words. Site translated in Spanish, Dutch, French and English. Also has a typing component in the Keyboard Section.
- Name that Numeral - Click on the number word that matches the number of stars. 1-10
- Match Number word with Numeral - 0 - 25
- Match Numeral to Number Word - 0 - 10
- The Number Game - Read the number word and pick the number that matches. This game has 10 questions.
- Shapes and Colors - Click on a shape, then click on a color. The words appear at the bottom.
- Drag and Drop Sight Words - self checking or
- Sight Words - Use this pre-primer dolch word list to practice sight words. Click on the word and hear what it pronounced.
- StoryTime - Stories with Dolch words are read to student. Students can go back and reread the stories themselves. Stories can also be printed for more reinforcement of words. Three levels of stories are available
- The Playground - The playground is a place for kids to have fun. Do you know the names of the rides and things in a playground? Drag words to label this picture.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.