Identify simple multi-meaning words in context (e.g., fly, pop, bat). 0201.1.9
Links verified on 12/29/2014
- Homographs (multiple meaning words) - Two definitions are given for the same word. You have to guess which word is being described. (a Quia quiz)
- Homophone game - match the words that sound the same, but are spelt differently and have different meanings
- Fairy Tale Homophone practice - correctly write each sentence, substituting the proper homophones.
- Spelling City Homophones - Use these word lists to practice selecting the correct word in sentence content.
- Using Context Clues Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.