Interpret sectional differences in the North and South in pre-Civil War (i.e., a map of Union, Confederate, and border-states; pictorial representations of crop production; reading timelines; and interpreting bar graphs showing human, natural, and man-made resources). 5.5.1
Links verified 9/17/2014
- Seeing Time (Using timelines as a resource) - gives students a chance to refine and extend their ability to construct, read, analyze, and draw conclusions from timelines
- The Civil War - The Valley of the Shadow - The Valley of the Shadow Project takes two communities, one Northern and one Southern, through the experience of the American Civil War. The project is a hypermedia archive of thousands of sources for the period before, during, and after the Civil War.
- The South During the Civil War - An Overview
- The North During the Civil War - An Overview
- Timelines - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print