Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Recognize examples of how the United States confronted Civil Rights issues (i.e., Brown vs. Board of Education, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Birmingham Civil Rights March, American Indian Movement [AIM], and the Civil Rights Act of 1964). 5.5.8
Links verified 7/13/2016
Major Features of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Martin Luther King Jr. Papers Project - This site contains secondary documents written about Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as primary documents written during King's life.
- Civil Rights - The Learning Page - Many resources of this time
- Brown vs Board of Education - PDF files to print - quiz, activities, free poster, and more
- Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott - Description of the event
- Fight No More Forever - Trials of the Native Americans - Click on the areas on the right.
- A Line in the Sand - Native American land takeover.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.
1694708720211898 US 1 desktop not tablet not iPad