Recognize examples of how the United States confronted Civil Rights issues (i.e., Brown vs. Board of Education, Montgomery Bus Boycott, Birmingham Civil Rights March, American Indian Movement [AIM], and the Civil Rights Act of 1964). 5.5.8
Links verified 7/13/2016
- Major Features of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Martin Luther King Jr. Papers Project - This site contains secondary documents written about Martin Luther King, Jr., as well as primary documents written during King's life.
- Civil Rights - The Learning Page - Many resources of this time
- Brown vs Board of Education - PDF files to print - quiz, activities, free poster, and more
- Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott - Description of the event
- Fight No More Forever - Trials of the Native Americans - Click on the areas on the right.
- A Line in the Sand - Native American land takeover.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print