Use manipulatives such as pattern blocks, tangrams, etc. to explore geometric concepts of symmetry and transformations. 0206.1.13 Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Ask Hannah - Students describe symmetry in two-dimensional shapes.
- Line Symmetry - many activities here
- Lines of Symmetry - drag the shapes that have lines of symmetry into one bin and those that do not into the other bin
- Symmetry Lesson - and interactive quiz
- Thinking Blocks - (an engaging, interactive math tool to help students learn how to solve multi-step word problems; addition & subtraction, multiplication & division, and ratio & proportion) Thinking Blocks encourages students to look beyond the surface to discover the concepts and relationships that are at the core of every math problem.