Model situations by devising and carrying out experiments and simulations. 0606.1.6
Links verified on 7/2/2014
- 3D Visualizations
- 3-D Object Viewer - Students may explore a variety of 3-D objects and their accompanying 2-D views. also
- Building Houses with Side View - student constructs a block figure (dynamic, perspective drawing) to match (10 different figures) also
- Coloring 3-D sides - [UK spelling on this site] Find the red sides shown in a series of 2-D drawings and click on the right face of the 3-D model to color it red. 20 questions also
- Coloring 2-D sides - Use the colored portion of the 3-D object to color the correct side of the 2-D drawing. also
- From 2D to 3D - Short video
- Guess the View - Students are given a 3-D view of an object, and then given a 2-D view of the object. Students must choose which of 6 views is being displayed from a list. also
- Plot Plans and Silhouettes - from Shape and Space in Geometry - the student task is to come up with plot plans that could match the given silhouettes. Background information is available at another page.
- Point Out the View - a ten level activity from PBS Kids, students must show what 2-D view each of four viewers would see when looking at a stack of blocks
- Rotating Houses - Students are presented with a 3-D figure created with blocks that can be rotated and flipped using a mouse. The figure must be rotated until it matches a 2-D representation of one of the views. also
- Algebra Puzzle - Find the value of each of the three objects presented in the puzzle. The numbers given represent the sum of the objects in each row or column. Sometimes, only one object will appear in a row or column. That makes the puzzle easier to solve. Other times, you will have to look for relationships among the objects.
- Illuminations Activities - index of 108 activities organized by grade level
- Interactive Science and Math Simulations - provided by the University of Colorado at Boulder
- Java Gallery of Interactive Geometry - index of Java-based simulations
- Math Playground - an action-packed site for elementary and middle school students. Play a math game, solve a logic puzzle, and have some fun.
- Measuring Angles - Practice lining up and reading a protractor while you measure a set of angles in a fun learning activity or
- Mr. Nussbaum's Math Lab - index of a variety of math games and simulations
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- Shodor Interactivate - interactive Java-based courseware for exploration in science and mathematics
- Virtual Protractor - ten online activities investigating angles or
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print