Use evidence from a data set to determine cause and effect relationships that explain a phenomenon 0707.Inq.3
Links verified on 6/24/2014
- Bar Graph - Enter data to create a bar graph, then manipulate the graph's maximum and minimum values
- Charts, Tables, and Graphs: Data Interpretation - some things to remember when doing problems based on data interpretation
- Circle Graph - Enter data categories and the value of each category to create a circle graph (similar to "Pie Chart" but the user can define the data set)
- Collecting and Analyzing Data - multiple-choice quiz [5 questions]
- Data Interpretation Games - Numerous activities on using and interpreting data - Activities include bar, pie and line graphs, data collecting and much more
- Data Interpretation Practice Test - [25 questions] practice reading tables and a variety of charts; column, pie, and pictogram - answers at the end of the test
- Data Picking - Students collect data, enter tally marks or numbers and then select which graph is appropriate.
- Fun and Sun Rent-a-Car - students use tables, graphs, linear functions to solve a real-world problem
- Graphing Skills - What's the point? find the point on Quadrant I of a coordinate plane
- Heads I Win - predict the likelihood of tossing heads or tails and graphs the results of coin tosses
- The Hot Tub - This is a fun activity where students tell the story behind a graph and relate slope to rate of change.
- Interpreting Data with a Random Ball-Picking Machine - experiment with a random generator at a BBC site to collect data to make decisions about probability.
- After you finish working through the ball-picking activity, take a ten-question probability quiz
- Interpreting Data - multiple-choice quiz from Glencoe math [5 questions]
- Interpreting Line Graphs - explore line graphs.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print