4th Grade - Story Problem
Develop a story problem that illustrates a given multiplication or division number sentence. (0406.1.9)
Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Grand Slam Math - [2 levels] an interactive program designed to help students become better at solving word problems. The questions start out easy and get a little harder as you go. Take your time, read the questions carefully, and have fun with math.
- KidZone Math Word Problems - themed word problems for 4th grade
- Math Hoops - word problem practice for students in grades 3 to 5. All word problems use whole numbers but the problems range from single step addition to multistep equations. There are also problems that require students to interpret remainders. Students who answer 5 questions correctly get a chance to play some basketball
- Math Story Problems! - Kids have created these math story problems.Submit your own math story problem here.
- Solve It! - Math Videos provide problem solving practice for students in grades 3 to 6. Each set contains five multistep word problems with step by step video solutions. Concepts include basic operations, algebraic reasoning, money, fractions, percent, perimeter, area, proportional reasoning, and measurement.
- Story Problems - Giant Story Problems are introduced as a whole-class problem solving activity.
- Thinking Blocks - model and solve word problems with thinking blocks
- Word Problem Database - Hundreds of self-checking math word problems for students in grades 1 to 6. There are currently 675 word problems available.
- Word Problems with Katie - an interactive program designed to help you become better at solving math word problems. The questions start out easy and get a little harder as you go. Take your time, read the questions carefully, and have fun with math
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.