4th Grade - Decimals, Money and Estimation
Connect operations with decimals to money and make estimates. (0406.1.3)
Links verified on 12/28/2015
- Lunch Lady - The Lunch Lady (you) must total the three items on ten lunch trays (one at a time) in three minutes. [a money counting game from Mr. Nussbaum]
- Million Dollar Mission - a mathematics fantasy
- Money Worksheet - Write the amount of money in decimal form.
- Round To The Nearest Dollar - Worksheet that may be printed off, or use for whole class activity.
- Scottie Nickel's Change Maker - become a human CoinStar machine - Calculate the total amount of change the customer has. Next, think of a way to make $1.75 with as few coins as possible.
- They're Having A Sale! - Worksheet word problems; estimate what you can buy with the money you have.
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.