Identify cultural groups who inhabited North America in the 17th century (i.e., Puritans, Quakers, Spanish, and French). 4.1.2
Links verified 7/2/2013
- 375 years ago at 360 degrees - view panoramic displays of life in the early colonies
- America as a Religious Refuge: the 17th Century - includes information about the Puritans | Part 2 includes information about the Quakers
- Cotton Mather - insight into him will give your students insight into the Puritans
- The Goody Parsons Witchcraft Case - Her story is a fascinating one that sheds light on the workings of the Puritan mind and the complicated social and cultural situation of the period.
- The 1692 Salem Witch Trials: Documents and Participants - research the historical documents of this Puritan witch hunt
- Through the Looking Glass - historical documents regarding the Mayflower families
- Timeline of Plymouth Colony - from the 1620's to the 1690's
- Would You Have Survived on the Colony? - An eight question quiz allows a student to compare life today to the Colonial culture.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print