Know common equivalences for length (1 meter = 100 centimeters, 1 yard = 3 feet, 1 foot = 12 inches) 0306.4.11
Links verified on 12/26/2014
- Convert Metric and US Lengths - explanation, practice, and then a quiz in the form of a game - from AAA Math
- Convert Units of Length - nine units to convert from or to
- General Tables of Units and Measurement - probably more than you will ever need to know from the Natinal Institute of Standards and Technology [19 pages if printed]
- How to Convert Units of Measurement - You can convert units easily and accurately with one simple rule: just multiply the old measurement by a carefully chosen form of the number 1. This page explains how to choose, with lots of examples.
- Instantly Convert any Length Measurement - Your students could use this page to check equivalences. I am not sure how valid this is, but we just discovered that one mile is equal to 6,106,000 pixels
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print