Check for understanding after reading (e.g., draw conclusions based on evidence gained while reading, identify the stated or implied main idea). 0301.8.3
Links verified on 12/24/2014
- Classroom Reading Key Vocabulary Building Program - a reading vocabulary improvement program that has identified the specific reading words students need to master for each grade
- Cows context clue - Build corrals for cows by reading and answering questions.
- Fourth Grade Reading - Read the introduction and the passage that follows. Then read each question and mark the circle next to the correct answer.
- Grade 3 ISAT 2008 Reading Sample Questions - Being a Fish - answer questions
- Grade 3 ISAT 2009 Reading Sample Questions - Chicken Pox Party - answer questions
- Intermediate Literature Log Grading Rubric - rubric based on the comprehension strategies students develop and implement
- Looking for the Fine Print - students read advertisements to practice reading critically
- Online Reading Passages with Exercises - online activities including comprehension, filling in the gap and recreating a story at levels basic to advanced.
- Reading Response Log - use this page as a guide to respond to the chapter just completed
- Reading Comprehension Corner - [grade 3 and above] Students choose a reading passage, then read and answer critical thinking questions that can be checked on the computer. Reading passages and questions are designed to reflect what students may encounter on state mandated standardized tests; from Mr. Nussbaum
- Reading Comprehension Tests - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Reading Comprehension Worksheets - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Using Context Clues - This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of using context clues. The 30 exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists at the site.
- Determining the Main Idea - a lab activity to identify the main idea in a paragraph by considering the supporting details
- Get The Idea - read text to determine the main idea or essential message and identify relevant supporting details and facts
- Identifying Topics and Main Ideas - lab activity checking understanding of general and specific elements as they relate to topic and main idea
- Implied Central Ideas - lab activity to identify the implied central idea of a longer passage
- Main Idea Activities - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Main Idea - read the paragraph and select the main idea
- Main Idea - Quia Quiz
- Main Idea Practice - online stories and quiz for main idea practice - intermediate elementary
- Main Idea Quiz - Find main idea Quia quiz
- Practice Reading Test: 3rd Grade - Questions are designed to have students process the information in the passage, analyze it, and organize it for the answer.
- What's the Big Idea? - Pick the main idea from various subject areas and solve the puzzle
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print