Recognize the part-whole relationship in representations of basic fractions such as 1/2 and 1/4. 0106.2.11
Links verified on 1/2/2015
- Fabulous Fractions - learn the concept of equal parts as related to fractions.
- Flowering Fractions - understand common fractions by using model representations. )
- Fourths - What fraction of the rectangles are blue? - read the green section to review, scroll to the blue section for a practice game
- Fraction Concentration - match fractions with shaded regions [concentration style game]
- Fraction Flags - design a flag using halves or quarters
- Fraction Flags - design a flag using thirds
- Fraction Painting - use a 2x2 grid, 3x3 grid, 4x4 grid, 5x5 grid, or a 6x6 grid
- Guess the Number - developing skills in halving and estimation
- I Want My Half - understand concrete and symbolic representations of fractions
- Percent Paint - students paint blocks on a 10x10 grid – use this as a whole group activity and ask students to paint fractions or percents.
- Shaded Portion - ten questions, shaded portions of a variety of shapes (Caution: some thirds are included)