Parent Resources - Special Needs
Links verified 1/18/2018
- Cerebral Palsy - Cerebral Palsy Guidance was created to provide answers and assistance to parents of a child with cerebral palsy. Our goal is to reach as many members of the cerebral palsy community as possible, building up a network of support, as well as providing necessary assistance.
- Helping Students Develop Their IEPs - Guide for parents and teachers who would like to help students with disabilities become involved in developing their own Individualized Education Programs; PDF format.
- Helping Struggling Readers - Articles with resources to help understand how to help struggling readers.
- Parent Pals - A special education community where parents and professionals share information and offer support.
- Section 504, Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Forms and Information - Many forms in Word format and information for teachers and parents.
- Understanding Sibling Issues - The child's reactions to a sibling with a disability can affect the overall adjustment and development of self-esteem in both children.
- Rights and Responsibilities of Parents of Children with Disabilities - What are your rights, as a parent, in the Special Education process?
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print