Links verified 1/4/2015
- ACT Math Question of the Day - Use the calendar to select one of the following topics: Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Plane Geometry, Coordinate Geometry, and Trigonometry. Once the problem is on the screen, right click the problem for a step by step explanation.
- Math quizzes - There are four separate math quizzes and each one features a new quiz for each day of the quiz. That's 28 to choose from. These will tease your brain!
- Math Stumpers - Can you answer this math stumper?
- Nick's Mathematical Puzzles - The puzzles presented here are selected for the deceptive simplicity of their statement, or the elegance of their solution. They range over geometry, probability, number theory, algebra, calculus, and logic. All require a certain ingenuity, but usually only pre-college math. Some puzzles are original. Nick plans to add one new puzzle each week, there are already 70 to choose from.
- Platonic Realms features a daily math moment, historical fact and quotation.
- Problem of the Week from MathCounts - Updated every Monday morning, the problem of the week covers a variety of topics, and always focuses on a current newsworthy event. On the right side of the page you will find links to yearly archives that go back to 2000. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- White House Kids Math Challenge - [Archive page] Five categories; elementary, middle, high, open, and a past problems archive
- Word Problems For Kids - Hosted by St. Francis Xavier University, this site features about 4 dozen word problems, and solutions, for each grade level from 5 - 12 [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]