CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.5 - With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on how well purpose and audience have been addressed.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.7.5 With Some Guidance And Support From Peers And Adults,... Writing - 7th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Dialogue With a Purpose - How to create and handle dialogue
- Dialogue Workshop - Writing suggestions from Holly Lisle
- Modes of Writing - Definitions of various modes of writing
- Narrative and Dialogue - A Contrast In Writing Styles
- Persuasive Writing - The message must always be crafted to appeal to our audience's self-interest
- Quiz - Match a prompt to narrative, expository, persuasive, or descriptive writing
- Screen Writers Toolkit: Writing Dialogue - A blog assembled and contributed to by writers who are interested in developing the craft of screen writing [make sure you see the Tarrantino Exercise using the Yellow pages] [from the Internet Archive]
- The Five Paragraph Essay Wizard - Persuasive Essay and prompts [from the Internet Archive]
- The Power of Persuasive Writing - A three week communication skills and interdisciplinary middle school Internet project. (a WebQuest)
- Twelve Exercises for Improving Dialogue - From the Writer's Resource Center
- Which Writing? - Students choose an appropriate format for writing.
- Writing a How-To Explanation - Student model
- Writing a Personal Narrative - Student model
- Writing a Persuasive Essay - Student model
- Writing Dialogue - This is a dialogue sheet which can be used to teach students to include the basic characteristics of good dialogue in their own writing. The form may be modified to include whatever characteristics the instructor desires.
- Writing Exercises: Dialogue - Suggestions and exercises from the successful author Stephen J. Cannell