CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.6-8.5 - With some guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach, focusing on how well purpose and audience have been addressed.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.WHST.6-8.5 With Some Guidance And Support From Peers And Adults,... Writing in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects - 6th-8th Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Alike or Different You Be the Judge - Expository writing lesson from the Beacon Lesson Plan Library
- All Across America - Lesson plan about preparing a travel guide for a cross-country journey [expository writing lesson]
- Creative Writing Prompts - Use the creative writing prompts and creative writing ideas to create stories, poems and other creative pieces from your imagination. Put your cursor on any of the 346 numbered prompts to see one.
- Expository Essay Collection - Prompts and examples
- Expository Prompts - Ms. Deborah Wimberly has nineteen prompts for her students posted at Teacher Web
- Expository prompts - Prompts that have personal connections between the writer and their ideas [from the Internet Archive]
- Imagination Prompt Generator - Click to get a new prompt
- Journal Writing Ideas - Hundreds of ideas from teachers.net
- Multiple Meaning Words - Long list of words to use as writing prompts, students write two sentences for each word using the word as a noun and then as a verb
- Original WritingFix Prompt Generator - Click the button to be given a random prompt from their collection
- Proverbs: Wisdom Tales Without the Plot - Have students choose a familiar proverb and develop a story that can surround and carry that thought. Multicultural proverbs offer interesting insights into the universality of wisdom.
- The Expository Essay - Sample essays to study
- The Role of Courts in a Democratic Society - This lesson is designed to give students an engaging introduction to the judicial branch of government and the role of courts in American democracy.
- WHST.6-8.5 Common Core Resources - Links for resources for WHST.6-8.5
- Writing Exercises - Six pages of writing prompts (20 to a page) some include pictures
- Writing Expository Introductions and Conclusions - Do's and don'ts of introductions and conclusions. [designed for grades 5-7]
- Writing Prompts - A collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Writing Prompts: Journal Topics - 273 prompts in ten different categories from Can Teach