CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.REI.C.5 - Prove that, given a system of two equations in two variables, replacing one equation by the sum of that equation and a multiple of the other produces a system with the same solutions.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.REI.C.5 Prove That, Given A System Of Two Equations... Reasoning with Equations & Inequalities - High School Algebra Mathematics Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Consistent and Inconsistent Systems - Consistent and Inconsistent Systems
- Graphing systems of equations - Graph a system of equations in slope-intercept or standard form
- How many bags of potato chips do people eat? - Using elimination to solve a system of equations
- Inconsistent systems of equations - Systems of equations without a solution
- Independent and Dependent Systems - Independent and Dependent Systems
- Infinite solutions to systems - Consistent, but dependent systems of equations
- King's Cupcakes: Solving Systems by Elimination - Using simple elimination to figure out how many cupcakes are eaten by children and adults
- Practice thinking about number of solutions to systems - Going through a few examples on the Khan Academy practice exercise
- Practice using substitution for systems - Example doing Khan Academy systems of equations exercise at: http://www.khanacademy.org/math/algebra/systems-of-eq-and-ineq/e/systems_of_equations_with_substitution
- Simple Elimination Practice - Practice solving systems of equations through simple elimination
- Solutions to systems of equations - Determine how many solutions exist to a given system of equations (one, zero, infinite).
- Solving Systems Graphically - Some practice solving systems graphically
- Solving the Troll Riddle Visually - Solving the system of equations visually. Now we can save the prince/princess
- Systems of equations - Solve a system of equations using substitution: word problems
- Systems of equations - Solve a system of equations using any method: word problems
- Systems of equations with simple elimination - Solve systems of equation with one-step elimination (e.g., x-values or y-values cancel each other out).
- Systems of equations with substitution - Solve systems of equations using substitution
- Systems of equations word problems - Word problems with systems of equations.
- Systems of equations: Elimination - Solve a system of equations using elimination: word problems
- Systems of linear equations - Solve a system of equations using augmented matrices: word problems
- Systems of linear equations: Elimination - Solve a system of equations using elimination: word problems
- Systems with Elimination Practice - Example of solving systems of equations with elimination
- Talking bird solves systems with substitution - Solving systems of equations with substitution.
- Trolls, Tolls, and Systems of Equations - A troll forces us to use algebra to figure out the make-up of his currency. We end up setting up a system of equations