CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.10 - With prompting and support, read informational texts appropriately complex for grade 1.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.10 With Prompting And Support, Read Informational Texts Appropriately... Reading:Informational Text - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Creature Feature - Click on the animal you wish to learn about.
- Elephants - Read this online informational text passage about elephants.
- Finding Information - Help find the answers to the question, after reading the information.
- I'm Reading - Choose from this list of stories to read.
- Reading Informational Texts - Student can read these online magazine articles from Scholastic.
- Reading Informational Texts Using the 3-2-1 Strategy - Lesson plan with materical included; many resources for informational text passages.
- Stories to Read and to Be Read to You - Many stories, fiction, non-fiction; audio included. Have student read it or have it read to them.
- The Day Jimmy's Boa Taught Cause and Effect - Unit plan; Class discussions about each event and its cause are followed by tasks for the students to help illustrate understanding of the concept. Students create cause-and-effect pictures, puzzles, and flow charts as they explore the genre. As a culminating activity, students write their own book with causes and effects, which are assessed with a rubric.