CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.9 - Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic (e.g., in illustrations, descriptions, or procedures).
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RI.1.9 Identify Basic Similarities In And Differences Between Two... Reading:Informational Text - 1st Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Compare and Contrast - Worksheets; learning to compare and contrast two objects; writing the differences and sameness in complete sentences.
- Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizer - Use this handy organizer when comparing and contrasting things.
- From Fact to Fiction - Students use factual information gathered from the Internet as the basis for creating a nonfiction story
- I'm Reading - Choose from this list of stories to read.
- Mini lesson; compare and contrast - Lesson plan; activities to introduce compare and contrast.
- The Day Jimmy's Boa Taught Cause and Effect - Unit plan; Class discussions about each event and its cause are followed by tasks for the students to help illustrate understanding of the concept. Students create cause-and-effect pictures, puzzles, and flow charts as they explore the genre. As a culminating activity, students write their own book with causes and effects, which are assessed with a rubric.