CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.6 - With guidance and support from adults, use technology to produce and publish writing (using keyboarding skills) as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
Authors: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers
Title: CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.3.6 With Guidance And Support From Adults, Use Technology... Writing - 3rd Grade English Language Arts Common Core State Standards
Publisher: National Governors Association Center for Best Practices, Council of Chief State School Officers, Washington D.C.
Copyright Date: 2010
(Page last edited 10/08/2017)
- Amazing Americans - Students research information and create own criteria for an amazing American, using digital images and media.
- Branching Stories - A step by step module on writing with Excel. Students create a story with several possible endings depending on the decisions a reader makes [in the form of an Excel workbook]
- Online Notetaker - Use this tool to compile and organize reading notes, research, and related ideas.
- Publish your story in Cricket - Information for submitting your own stories for publication.
- Read All About It! - Create a class newspaper, adapting this lesson plan with materials.
- Think Tank - Create an outline of topics and subtopics to assist research
- Web2.0 Tools - Many different tools can be found here for audio, presentations, video, photo etc.
- Write Me a Story - Try your writing skills, share your imagination, read fun stories and maybe even get published on the Internet!