How Modern Gadgets Help Students in Education
The issue of gadgets and kids' interaction frequently becomes trouble. However, when someone considers gadgets time-wasters, someone uses them as a tool that can help kids in learning. So, how to use the gadgets in the most effective way for your kids? In this article, you will find some practical tips with which you can teach your child to use the gadget correctly and get benefit from the content consumption.
Most modern parents wonder at what age it is worth buying gadgets for their child.
Ways Modern Gadgets Help
Someone gives the child the freedom to use gadgets, and someone completely restricts the free access. Who is right? It is wiser to approach this issue with a balance. Since gadgets can bring good benefits for a child if the focus is shifted from entertainment to learning. Below you will find the top 5 benefits of how modern gadgets can help in education.
- Improve Motor Skills:Motor skills are skills that are associated with muscle movements, specifically lips, fingers, wrists, tongue, and toes. So when kids play games on a tablet or any other device, their fingers and hands get a workout. This is a useful exercise for children. You can use modern keyboards or other portable devices because, in this case, children are not at risk of injury or any threat compared to playing outdoors. As a result, their hands and fingers become more developed in a short time.
- Improve Cognitive Skills:Cognitive skills are the ability to process information, remember, and associate objects with others ones. These skills are directly related to memory and language. Today's technologies help children develop cognitive skills faster and better. For example, there are interactive apps, video games, various tasks, and tutorials that are available on different devices that interest them more than books.
- Learn Through Gamification:Games have long proved to be effective in education not only for children but also for adults. This learning approach provides an opportunity to perceive information easily and naturally. The presence of all kinds of educational games is another undoubted benefit of digitalization.
Parents can find the most suitable games for their children, which will provide development and allow them to learn complicated information simply. For example, it can be quite boring for a child to learn math, but math puzzles can bring much more fun. Therefore, the use of educational games can be a good assistant to help a child learn a subject that they do not like.
- Visualize for Better Memorization:Another advantage of using modern gadgets is the ability to visualize information. For children under the age of 13, the presence of visualization contributes to a better perception of information. Modern technologies make it possible to provide high-quality and vivid visualization of information. Reading or listening about the volcano will not be so interesting. But to see what a volcano looks like will be much more exciting, and it will quickly allow the child to remember the information and get a complete picture of the object or theme.
- Adapt to the Modern World:Another important role of gadgets in learning is the subsequent adaptation of the child to adulthood. There is no doubt that gadgets will remain an integral part of everyone's life. Therefore, the use of gadgets in childhood is undoubtedly a process of adaptation to modern conditions.
It is worth remembering that all the modern technologies are still pretty new, and even adults are still adapting to some of them. Many faced various difficulties that can arise in adulthood, for example, difficulty using modern apps and software in the office.
Tips for Parents on How to Teach the Kid to Use Gadgets RightSo, how to teach your child to use the gadget correctly? There are several tips that can help in this matter.
- Don't Forbid:
Prohibition always triggers a desire, so with constant restriction, a child may want to enjoy the gadget even more. Therefore, it is worth considering an alternative. For example, when you tell your child that it's time to take a break from a smartphone or tablet, it is recommended to offer them another activity like painting or going for a walk.
- Learn to Use the Gadget Properly:
For example, if your child likes dinosaurs, but you cannot tell them the details of prehistoric times, find a documentary or cartoon about dinosaurs on the Internet and let the child watch. After that, you can ask them what interesting things they learned or suggest a game on the topic. For example, you can try to draw a dinosaur or mold it from plasticine. Thanks to this approach, the child will learn to use the Internet and, at the same time, develop.
- Set a Time Limit:
Based on your child's age, determine the amount of time your child can spend with gadgets. As the kid gets older, this time can be increased. The presence of time limits is what will allow your child to develop a healthy psyche. Moreover, this approach will eliminate the development of dependence on modern gadgets.
- Teach Independence and Responsibility:
For example, you can allow your child to use the gadget for about 1.5 - 2 hours a day. Let the kid set the timer and keep track of this time. In this way, it will be easier for a responsible child to prioritize and put the gadget aside. And if the child at the right time can break away from their favorite pastime, then there will be no harm from this. In this way, it will be possible to develop in the child the skill of organization and responsibility.
- Check the Content You Kids Consume:
Let the child use gadgets more for educational purposes. Make sure they play educational games, watch documentaries for children, or educational cartoons that develop cognitive interest and logical thinking. Thus, the use of the gadget will only be for good. The same applies to games. Offer your child games that will provide development instead of wasting time.
Wrapping UpSo, the wise approach to gadgets is a chance for parents to teach kids how devices can help in education. Note the key benefits and use the tips above to organize this process right.
Christine Tomas is a tech expert, consultant, and aspiring writer at Howly. She writes for different news portals and thematic blogs that helps her stay at the heart of the programming and technology news. Such work gives her the opportunity to write articles on the most relevant topics today.