Phonics Knowledge - CCSS RF.2.3, L.2.2
Links verified on 1/2/15
- Blending Dragon - Direct your dragon with the mouse and catch the globes with real words. Choose the phoneme that you wish to work with.
- Double OO - Learn the Double O song.
- Look, Cover, Write and Check - Phonetic family of words to practice; you can change the level from easy to hard.
- Magic Phonics Wizard - Click all the wizards holding words that sound like the word provided.
- Match of Mystery - 5 levels, short, long, digraphs, dipthongs and vce pattern.
- Phonic Endings - Three levels of games practicing -an, -ar, -ap, -ag, -en, -at -all, -ate, -ail, and -ub. Printable worksheet activities also available.
- Phonics and Spelling Quiz - Select the answer to the question. Self checking.
- Same Letter, Different Sound - From ToonUniversity. Find the word that best answers the question.
- Scramble Game - Generate your own game and choose the level [phonic] that you would like to play.
- SpellBound - Look at the word spelled correctly. After the letters are mixed up, put them in order again.
- Sound it out - Click on the word that the cat says aloud. (Warning - British accent may confuse some students)
- Word Families - Create new words from word endings.
- Year 2 Phonics - Activities that focus on common spelling patterns for the nine vowel phonemes.