It's Time for the Science Fair!
Science Fair Projects
Links verified 12/17/2015
Agricultural Ideas for Science Fair Projects - Agriculture doesn't have its own category in science fairs, but it is a part of many of the "official" categories.
Building a simple spectroscope - step by step instructions using common materials
California State Science Fair: Having trouble getting started with your project? Here's a collection of web sites which address just your problem
- Earthquake Hazards Program - from the USGS
Elmer's Science Fair Resources -
Choosing your project |
Planning your project [These expired links are available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the pages don't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Energy Fair: Experimental Design -
EnergyQuest - a number of science projects and energy activities for students
Experimental Science Projects - from Science Buddies
How to do your science fair project - a 28 page .pdf document with some really good ideas [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
Internet Science and Technology Fair
IPL - science fair project resource guide from the Internet Public Library
Math Ideas for Science Fair Projects
Math Projects for Science Fairs - from the Canadian Mathematical Society
- Prepare For The Science Fair - [14:59] An animated introduction to the middle school science fair. Creation and production by Kevin Temmer, an International Baccalaureate graduate from Land O' Lakes High School in Florida.
Professor Ron Robertson of Austin Peay State University has compiled materials on suggested topics for fair projects, sources of information and ideas
- Project Idea Index - from Science Buddies
- Project Ideas - links to over a thousand project ideas!
Science Buddies - a non-profit organization focused on developing science enrichment tools for students in grades K-12. Be sure to take a look at their topic selection wizard.
Science Experiments - grades 6-8; many experiments to explore!
- Science Fair Adventure - project ideas
Science Fair Center - Start hypothesizing.
Science Fair Central from DiscoverySchool.com - creative investigations into the real world
- Science Fair Experiments -
experiments indexed by grade level, courtesy of the National Energy Education Development Project
Science Fair Handbook
- Science Fair Ideas - ideas only, find something that interests you and have fun with it
Science Fair Primer
- Science Fair Projects Ideas - for science fairs in high school and middle school
- Science Fair Project Ideas - organized by grade or subject
- Science Fair Project Resources - links to other sites with science fair ideas
- Science Fair Projects - organized by difficulty of the project
- Science Fair Projects - organized by topic, each topic has links to many project ideas
- Science Fair Projects - This National Energy Education Development project has suggestions for primary, intermediate and secondary science fair projects
- Science Fair Projects - from Science Kids
Science Fair Idea Exchange Got an old and unused (but cool) idea for a science fair project? Why not
it to the exchange? Let someone else go wild with it! Are you looking for a science fair idea? Check out their archive!
Science Fair Projects and Experiments - Topics, Ideas, Resources and Sample Projects.
Science Projects for Kids - from Crystal Clear Science Fair Projects
Selah Science Projects - links to 6th and 7th grade projects from 2006
- Solar Cookers
- The "Minimum" Solar Box Cooker - A great solar oven you can build quickly from two cardboard boxes
- Cook hot dogs with the Sun in minutes - how to make a powerful solar concentrator that can cook four or five hot dogs in minutes.
- Make a solar powered marshmallow roaster
Successful Science Fair Projects - from Neuroscience for Kids
Super Science Fair Projects
- You and Your Science Fair Project - For Teachers, Students, and Parents
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.