Links verified 12/29/2015
- An Alphabet Journey Through Space - compile a list of space vocabulary words and design a page for each letter of the alphabet, including the meaning and related graphics
- Astro for Kids from Astronomy.com
- Aurora - fantastic time-lapse video of aurora from Kirkenes, Norway filmed by Terje S�rgjerd
- Be a Martian - [grade 5 and above] Become a citizen scientist and improve Martian maps, take part in research tasks and assist Mars science teams studying data about the Red Planet.
- Build Your Own Space Mission - [K-2] You decide what type of spacecraft to send to one of several locations and then explore. You can also change what your avatar looks like.
- Design an Ion Engine - [grade 5 and above] Ion engines can help spacecraft travel great distances with relatively little power. Find out how they work and build your own engine.
- Earth, Sun, and Moon - [for ages 9 & 10] interactive site from the BBC, includes a quiz &
- Eyes on the Earth 3D - [grade 5 and above] Fly alongside NASA satellites in 3D and learn what these satellites tell us about Earth.
- Exploring Space - [K-2] from AOLSchool. [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Kids Astronomy.com - the absolutely free astronomy resource designed to teach children about the exciting world of outer space.
- JPL Virtual Field Trip - [K-4] How do we talk to spacecraft? What does our rover lab look like? Take a tour of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory to learn how we use robots to explore space.
- Moon and Earth Matchup from Quia [grade 3]
- Orbital Laboratory - Sunita Williams of NASA recorded and extensive tour of the orbital laboratory just hours before she left the laboratory. Tour included scenes of each of the station's modules and research facilities.
- Phases of the Moon from Harcourt School Publishers
- Phases of the Moon - This is one of the best animations for explaining moon phases. (from the Science Alberta Foundation) [this expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine]
- Phases of the Moon - Take a quiz about lunar phases and simulate the Moon going around the Earth.
- Put the Moon's Phases in the Correct Order from Quia [grade 3]
- Put the Planets in Size order - click and drag the planet names into proper order
- Solar System Coloring Book Index - This is an index to our Solar System Coloring Book. Your browser must support Java for these pages to work! If you would like to print the Coloring Book, please use either the Non-Java or the Adobe PDF versions
- Space Place - [K-4] Play games, watch animations, and do projects that teach you about Earth, space and technology.
- StarChild - a Learning Center for Young Astronomers from NASA
- Your Age on Other Worlds - enter your birth date and calculate how old you would be in terms of other planets
- Your Weight on Other Worlds - Ever wonder what you might weigh on Mars or The Moon? Here's your chance to find out.
- Welcome to Mars - Play games that help you explore Mars and learn about missions that study the red planet.
- What would I weigh on...? - Click on a planet to go to a page where you can enter your weight. The workbook will display how much you would weigh on that planet.
- Windows to the Universe - the site is written in three reading levels approximating elementary, middle school and high school reading levels - levels may be chosen by using the upper button bar of each page of the main site
- More space links can be found on the Astronomy page of Internet4Classrooms.
- Earth Science Standards Resources - K | 1st | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | TN has no 8th grade earth science standards
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print