Links verified 11/1/11
- 4-H Children's Garden Tour
- Backyard Plants - great collection of resources
- Biology of Plants - Plants are alive, just like people and animals! Learn about them here!
- Biomes of the World - from Missouri Botanical Garden; Desert | Grasslands | Rainforest | Taiga | Temperate | Tundra
- Biomes - Rainforest for Kids - many links with information about the rain forest.
- Changing Color - Find out how leaves change color!
- Elementary School Gardens - simple guidelines and suggestions to help make a gardening project manageable and rewarding
- Fun Botanical Science Fair Projects - Check out some fun and easy projects you can do with plants. grades 3 and up
- Fun Facts about Fungi - Read about giant puffballs, truffles, fungal "shotguns," and "fairy rings," and try your hand at the mushroom hunt, the picture slide game, and a mold-growing experiment.
- Fun Project Ideas - some great ideas for fun activities to do with plants
- Fun With Lichens - Learn about lichens and their role in the ecosystem
- The Great Plant Escape - Detective LePlant needs your help to solve the mystery of plant life! Designed for grades 4 and 5.
- Kid's Valley Garden - how to grow flowers, vegetables, herbs, and other plants [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Microorganisms - interactive BBC site, instructions can be read to the students by the site
- Mission : Endangered Species - Many people in the world don't think of plants as being endangered, but some are.
- Nutrition in the Garden - a fun way to teach children about nutrition: through gardening.
- Plant Life Cycles - this BBC site allows students to interact with the lesson
- Plant Parts - Match the drawing with the name and build a salad
- Plant Parts - four Quia activities; concentration, word search, flash cards, or matching quiz
- Plant Parts - Each part of a plant has a very important function
- Plant Parts - What plants need to grow
- Plants and our Environment - ThinkQuest winner
- Plants for Kids - lots of links
- Plants of Hawaii - A collection of 6000+ copyright-free high-resolution images
- Plants Module - plant seeds, watch them grow and then get information about plant parts
- Poisonous Flowers and Plants - While most flowers and plants may look harmless, there are a variety of poisonous plants that can be toxic, or even deadly, to humans and animals. [Thanks for recommending this site Ms. McV]
- Save Trees - Asian longhorned beetle threatens to change landscapes. Once trees are infested, there is no cure. There is something you can do to help. Download communication tools to raise awareness about the beetle
- Starting a School Garden - a step-by-step guide
- Trees Module - Find out about plants and animals that live around the trees on a mountain, in a swamp, and in the desert.
- Using Anatomy and Habitat to Identify a Tree - to help students with identifying a tree and the types of common tree species that exist in the United States
- Youth Resources - Farming and Agriculture activities and games. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Why Do Plants Have Flowers? - Flowers are the tools that plants use to make their seeds.[This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- More plant information can be found on the Biology page of Internet4Classrooms.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print