Collections of Links
Links verified 2/23/09
Caution, this is not a one-click site. Plan to spend some time browsing through these sites.
- Awesome Library - a library of links to the major subject areas and other areas of interest to teachers.
- CanTeach has a list of links in subject areas along with songs and recipes.
- Curriki - open source educational materials - their focus is on K-12 curricula materials in the areas of literacy mathematics, science, technology, language arts, and foreign languages
- EduHound - Everything for K12 Education. They tracked it down so you would not have to.
- emTech has over 12,000 resources organized by topics for teachers, students, parents, and others. Do you want to know more about brain-based learning, inclusion, block scheduling? Go there and spend some time browsing their huge list.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators is one of the best list of links. This site is updated on a daily basis.
- Interactive Skill Builders from from Scholastic (also take a look at their Internet Field Trips )
- Internet Public Library - The mission of this site is to provide library services to the Internet community, to learn and teach what librarians have to contribute in a digital environment, to promote librarianship and the importance of libraries, and to share interesting ideas and techniques with other librarians.
- Librarians Index to the Internet - a searchable, annotated subject directory of more than 6,200 Internet resources selected and evaluated by librarians for their usefulness to users of public libraries. It's meant to be used by both librarians and non-librarians as a reliable and efficient guide to described and evaluated Internet resources.
- Mr. Nussbaum - a thousand sites in one
- Mr. Young's Bouncy @ - pleasing to the eye, this site covers several curricular areas
- New York Public Library - their list of the Best of the Web
- Reach Every Child - this site provides a large list on links in their index on the left side of their page
- Search Page - links to various search subjects or search programs.
- Stuff for Classroom Teachers - Technology Tips and More from Marilyn Western
- Teaching with the Web - Places to find resources for lessons using the Internet
- TEAMS Site Map - Internet resources listed by the Los Angeles County Office of Education
- Thinkfinity - no-cost, standards-based Internet content for the K-12 teacher and classroom, developed by the nation's content experts. Online resources include panel-reviewed links to top sites in many disciplines, professionally developed lesson plans, classroom activities, materials to help with daily classroom planning, and powerful search engines.
- EconEdLink from the National Council on Economic Education - Explore the connections between economics and real-world issues
- National Geographic Education - [formerly known as Xpeditions ] The home of geography standards on the Internet
- EDSITEment from the National Endowment for the Humanities - Subject-based access to top humanities sites
- Illuminations by NCTM - Gateway to Standards-Based Mathematics Education
- Science NetLinks from the American Association for the Advancement of Science - a comprehensive "homepage" for K-12 science educators
- ArtsEdge from the Kennedy Center - helps educators to teach in, through and about the arts
- Read - Write - Think - ReadWriteThink, established in April of 2002, is a partnership between the International Reading Association (IRA), the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE), and the MarcoPolo Education Foundation
- Tired Teacher's Web Site - The objective of this site is to provide teachers with source materials, lesson plans and classroom activities for all grades K-12
- Top 101 Web Sites for Teachers - not the whole web… just the best for teaching and learning
- Websites for Educators - This collection of links, chosen and maintained by Harvard's Gutman Library Research Services staff.