General Mathematics Resources
Links verified 8/14/2016
Full Chronological Index covering over 30 centuries.
- Algebra II Calculators - All Math Calculators - in you don't find the calculator that you want on one of these pages the site invites you to request the calculator
- Calculator Soup - loan, mortgage, time value of money, math, algebra, trigonometry, fractions, physics, statistics, time & date and conversions calculators; many show work or equations that help you understand the calculations
On-Line provides links to almost 7000 calculators
- Convert Auto - convert just about anything automatically
- Derivative Calculator - Online calculator for derivatives and partial derivatives which shows user input as a graphical formula while typing (to help prevent the user from entering the wrong formula).
offers several types of calculators
Old Are You?
- use this calculator to see how many years, months, days, minutes
or seconds you are old.
- Good Calculators -
a group of high functioning online calculators which have been carefully programmed to work on computers, smart phones and tablets
from Texas Instruments [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- Math Tools -
useful math resources from the Web: calculators, graphers, interactive visualizations and software
- includes; length, area, volume, mass, force, pressure, work,
power, temperature, and fuel mileage
- Percentage Calculator - Calculator with many other percentage and percent calculators with examples. Anytime you need to calculate percentage or learn how to calculate percentage, the percentage calculator is here to help.
- Many links and ideas on how to present graphs.
- flip up to 100 coins and see the total number of heads and
- not much for lower level classes, but check it out for the fun stuff
Create a Graph
complicated information is difficult to understand and needs an illustration.
At this National Center for Education Statistics site you will find four different
graphs and charts for you to consider.
- Many links that help students understand interpreting data
Davitily Math Problem Generator
- add a title then select
, select add problems to select from four areas (Basic math, Algebra, Geometry, or SAT math), select from more specific menus, add the number of problems you want then select the gray
button to see a printable document. [online test not available in this free version].
- Equivalent fractions. Funbrain will show you four fractions. Click on the fraction
not equal to the others.
- Free Math Games for Kids - a wide range of free interactive math games and activities for kids
- featuring interactive and educational math games for kids of all ages - including
- These games can be tailored in difficulty for students in K-8, and
might be useful as review in 9-12. If you want to challenge your students further,
go to AAA Math and have them
the fewest coins needed to make the correct change.
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics archive
of Lesson Plans
- use a problem-solving approach and actively engage students
in the learning process.
Mathematic Miscellany and Puzzles
- Arithmetic and Algebra
- hundreds of interactive activities that relate to algebra and arithmetic skills.
Internet Mathematics Library
to solve word problems
- a collection of word problem solvers that solve your
problems and help you understand the solutions - All problems are customizable
(meaning that you can change all parameters).
- I know it's just a game! But, this game really makes you, or your students,
use logical reasoning. Give it a try.
- Complete coverage of most topics in math. Click on the tabs
at the top to access areas.
- You can choose from a wide range of objects to place on this
scale - from electrons to galaxies!
Links and On-line Tools
- List of useful links to online tools and mathematical
League Help Topics
- This is a help resource for 4th through 8th grades. You
will find help tutorials for the following topics: Whole numbers and their basic
properties; Decimals, whole numbers, and exponents; Using data and statistics;
Fractions; Geometry; Ratio and proportion; Percent and probability; Integers;
Metric units and measurement; Introduction to algebra; and Positive and negative
real mistakes from real student work
and math facts students should know (algebra, trigonometry, and calculus)
- Math Printables - Grades 1-5 Math printables to correspond to the CCSS.
- Math Quizzes
- From Quia - the top 20 math quizzes
- Math Tools - useful math resources from the Web: calculators, graphers, interactive visualizations and software
- Many interactive activities for all ages!
Tables and Formulas
- This site is a place for students and educators to quickly
access mathematical formulas. The tables are organized by topics.
- from Schools of California Online Resources for Educators (SCORE)
- the K-7 list is organized by Standard and the 8-12 list is organized by subject [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
Problem Solving worksheets
of the Day
- check back here on a regular basis
Web Resources and Standardized Test Practice
- from Computing Technology for
- Conversions available for the following: Weight, Capacity and
volume, Length, Area, Speed, Pressure, Temperature, Circular measure and Time.
and English conversion utility
- distance, weight, temperature, mass, time zones data storage, and liquid volume conversions
- Imperial Conversion (courtesy FPSI French Property) includes;
length, area, volume, mass, force, pressure, work, power, temperature, and fuel
Library of Virtual Manipulatives
- links to manipulatives for Pre K-2, 3-5,
6-8, and 9-12
- Enter a number and the site will tell you everything you wanted to know about it but were afraid to ask. [
For example, I found out that unreasoned fear of the number 13 is termed triskaidekaphobia
through the Ages
includes an interesting mnemonic for the decimal expansion
of pi. Each successive digit is the number of letters in the corresponding word.
With this mnemonic you can remember pi to 3.14159265358979323846264... If you
are interested in a bit of whimsy,
out a couple of pi carols
to sing on pi day, March 14.
- This site has a prime number generator and a prime number checker.
- Many sites that deal with problem solving skills for all
- Interactive lessons and activities for exploration in Science and Math.
Project Interactivate has a large list of interactive sites for
on the Internet
- find some of the best resources for teaching math at all levels (pre-K
to grad school)
math testing web site developed by Andrew Lyczak, a graduate student at the University
of New Hampshire. The site offers free testing, grading and record keeping for
teachers, with practice tests for students. This is a completely free, non-profit
Tips & Tricks
to use in solving K-12 Math Problems, Puzzles. Check out the tips on how to
- links to various WWW resources on Mathematics. They are organized
- a short course
- These notes are more of an introduction and guide than
a full course. There are a few exercises for you to work on. Dave uses Java to
teach the concepts.
an online fraction tutorial helps with the following processes: identifying fractions,
renaming fractions, comparing fractions, adding fractions, subtracting fractions,
multiplying fractions, and dividing fractions.
- over 100 instant-answer, self-help, math solvers, ready to help you get your
math problem solved
- Constructs a set of simple arithmetic problems. You can choose
the number of problems presented, as well as the types of questions asked.
Problems For Kids
- (grades 5 - 12) Hosted by St. Francis Xavier University,
this site features about 4 dozen word problems, and solutions
[This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
site for teachers |
PowerPoint show |
Acrobat document |
Word document |
whiteboard resource |
video format |
interactive lesson |
a quiz |
lesson plan |
Internet4classrooms is a collaborative effort by
Susan Brooks and Bill Byles.