Arts and Crafts Resources
Links verified 3/13/2016
- Animal, Bugs, and Creature Craft Projects - Try these family projects from the About Network.
- Animal Crafts - There are many categories from which to choose amazing craft projects.
- Animal Crafts - This site has several pages of crafts and includes pictures of steps.
- Art Activities - Ideas for art activities.
- Art Ideas for Kids - Directions for many projects.
- Bendable Magnetic Animals and People - Build bendable, fuzzy magnetic animals and people; simple to make and great to play with later - Remember to keep all magnets away from computers.
- Color Online at Enchanted Learning Animals whose names start with A, click on another letter to go to some other part of this index.
- Coloring Activities Page - from Lil' Fingers.
- Coloring Pages - Color online with your mouse. Just click on start coloring! Over 100 pictures to choose from.
- Crayon Resist Fall Leaves - A Kindergarten - 1st Grade art lesson. When the leaves your students create are dry, hang them together on a huge painted tree. The tree will look great and kids love to see all their leaves form one tree.
- DLTK's Crafts for Kids - Crafts from household items and printables such as cards, bookmarks, birthday banners, name tags and others.
- Easy Printmaking in the Classroom - The introduction of printmaking on Styrofoam is a cheap and easy way to initiate the process for all ages.
- Egyptian Profile Portraits - A grade 2 art lesson. Students create portraits in the style of the Egyptians. Also check out How to Draw Like an Egyptian.
- Elementary Art Lessons - Over 60 lessons, some with really great names; Emotion Commotion, Critters & Complementary Colours and Pitchy Patch Puppet to name a few.
- First Palette - Fun,educational art activities, very visual, easy-to-follow, and includes supporting resources.
- FreeCrafts - Craft sites for children that need something creative to do!
- Harold and the Purple Crayon - Drawing activity, similar to the popular KidPix. [This expired link is available through the Wayback Machine Internet Archive. If the page doesn't load quickly click on Impatient? at the bottom right of the page.]
- How to Draw (for Kids) - These step-by-step drawing exercises are designed for children. (35 currently listed - mostly animals)
- KidzClub - In the Crafts area you will find quite a few printable activities.
- Mix and Paint with Curious George - Select a picture, mix colors of paint and color the picture
- Mr. Picassohead - Create your own face drawing like that by Picasso .
- On-Line Coloring Pages - Drag colors from the palette to the outline drawing, kids can try to match a small thumbnail drawing or use their own creativity.
- Pretend Picnic - A Teacher's Corner activity based on: Arthur's Cousin Catastrophe from PBS. You can also find a list of online games and an index of art activities .
a site for teachers | a PowerPoint show | Adobe Acrobat document | a Word document
sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print