Write poems, stories, and essays based upon personal reflections, observations, and experiences. 0501.3.4
Links verified on 2/14/2014
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Someone a Letter - historical letters help students do some real-world writing
- Interactive Writing Prompts - inspiring young writers with word games that have interactive choices
- Narrative Essay - Article and help on writing narrative essay.
- Newspaper Writing Lesson Plan - Kids Learn to Write for a School Audience
- Poetry writing practice web [this document is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Haiku Generator - use drop down boxes to make a haiku of three lines
- Haiku Starter - Lesson plan to print to help students learn to write Haiku poetry.
- How to write a Haiku - Lesson plan teaching how to create Haiku poetry.
- Letter Poem Creator: Student Interactive - Letter poems are a particularly apt medium for exploring a defining characteristic of poetry-line breaks. As students work to transform narrative-style letters (shown at left) into poetic format, they are encouraged to think carefully about where to end each line.
- Step by step guide - Guide on writing an essay.
- Writing a Personal Narrative - Student model as an example
- Writing Model - interactive model of supporting an interpretation
- Writing Source - many ideas to use as prompts