Use appropriate vocabulary, sentence structure, and usage to distinguish between formal and informal language. 0701.3.12
Links verified on 3/16/2010
- Colloquialisms - examples of formal and informal language
- Formal Language in Reports - online exercise - rewrite sentence using formal language.
- Interactive Vocabulary Builders for Test Prep - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Say What? - an interactive game where the user decides the correct answer to the question depending on formal or informal language (this is a British site so the audio may be challenging for some students)
- Techniques for Writing: Using Specific Language - Strike a balance between specific and general language. Interactive exercise.
- Vocabulary Worksheets for Test Prep - a collection of resources at Internet4Classrooms
- Writing an Informal Letter - Understanding the difference between formal and informal letters, vocabulary practice, writing practice