Use appropriate time-order or transitional words and phrases. 0501.3.17
Links verified on 1/26/2012
- Build A Story - Select the appropriate phrases to create a story.
- Gap fill Exercise - Fill in blanks in paragraph with a transitional word
- How to Write a Chronological narrative - Lesson and activity
- How to Write a Chronological narrative - Add words and phrases to the story
- Making Connections - lesson plan - connect ideas in expository writing with effective transitions. teacher materials included
- Making Connections: a Mini-lesson - transitional words are used to show how ideas are connected in this lesson from Scholastic
- Sentence Variety - methods for adding sentence variety and complexity to writing that may sound repetitive or boring
- Transitional Devices -A list of some common transitional devices that can be used to cue readers.
- Transitional Words - often used transitional word list to print for students
- Transitional words - list of words that will pull sentences and paragraphs together.
- Transitional words - words to help your sentences pull together.
- Transitional Words and Phrases - Worksheet Activity - for beginners in this concept
- Writing Transitions - Article and Examples.
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print