Generate notes on text, and identify main and supporting ideas. 0601.3.17
Links verified on 6/16/2010
- Incredible Shrinking Notes - lesson plan on how to summarize what is heard
- Fact Fragment Frenzy - interactive tool that model finding facts in nonfiction text.
- An Introduction to Research - research a famous historical person using three sources of information (book, encyclopedia, and Internet); handouts and resources available for printing.
- How to Take Research Notes - tips and techniques from eHow
- Making Note Cards - visual example of how to make a note card
- Making Source Cards - examples citing from books and magazines
- Note-take effectively - things to keep in mind while taking notes [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Note Taking - transfer information from highlighted articles to note cards
- Note-Taking - rules for note-taking
- Note-taking - Note-taking is considered by some to be the heart of the research process. There are many ways in which this can be done
- Notetaker from Read/Write/Think - Useful for a wide variety of reading and writing activities, this outlining tool allows students to organize up to five levels of information. Student Interactive from Read/Write/Think
- On Taking Notes While Reading - collect, organize, and store information that is relevant to your essay or research project.
- Ready Reference and Library-Related Resources - from Kathy Schrock's site
- Reference Search - search engine with many reference sources to select from.
- Reference Search Quiz - Read each question. Choose the best answer by clicking in the circle.
- Referencing Guidelines - Referencing is a standardized method of acknowledging the sources of information and ideas you have used in any written work; examples of various types given.
- Research Note Cards - 10 Tips for Taking Notes
- Study Skills-Taking notes - Taking notes helps make your learning active. [This expired page is from the Internet Archive known as the Wayback Machine.]
- Take Notes - students evaluate what items should be included in the opening paragraph of a news story
- Taking notes from a textbook - suggestions for taking notes from texts
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print