Use manipulatives to demonstrate that the commutative property holds for addition but not for subtraction 0306.1.9
Links verified on 12/23/2014
- Activities at Illuminations - Illuminations has 105 online activities available. Select which types of activities you are looking for, and click Search.
- Base 10 Blocks - virtual manipulative
- Geometry Board - Use this virtual geoboard to explore geometric concepts of area and perimeter. How many shapes can you makes with a perimeter of 16 units?
- Integer Bars - learning fractions and more with on-line manipulatives
- Math Playground - a small but growing collection of manipulatives for teaching and learning
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - select topic and grade level to find appropriate manipulatives
- Pattern Blocks Program - use tools to solve a variety of problems
- Tangrams - interactive geometric site
- Virtual Manipulatives - a list of various manipulatives for grades 1-6
- Wolfram Demonstrations Project - a free resource of interactive visualizations from elementary education to the frontiers of research
site for teachers | PowerPoint show | Acrobat document | Word document | whiteboard resource | sound | video format | interactive lesson | a quiz | lesson plan | to print